Blank page on clicking on policy from XUI due to REST API call failing with 500

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Peter Major 2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
     heerdyes 
    Participant

Hello,

I am unable to view details or edit policy from XUI, it just shows a blank area instead of the form.
    In the developer console I can see an API call failing namely:
    https://openam.example.com/openam/json/conditiontypes?_queryId=&_fields=title,logical,config

After some searching on the internet I found this issue which seemed to be a similar problem:
    https://bugster.forgerock.org/jira/browse/OPENAM-6669
    However I am using OpenAM 13 and the pom.xml shows jackson version to be 2.4.2, and restlet version to be 2.3.4.

Nothing shows up in CoreSystem and IdRepo debug logs. What other logs can I check?
    Any help would be great!

Rogerio Rondini 
    Participant

Have you enabled debug log ? i.e, turn it to “message” level ?

Anyway, check the Java Heap allocated to your app server. I.e, if you are running on Tomcat, it is good to add the setenv.sh with a minimum requirement JAVA_OPTS=”$JAVA_OPTS -server -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m”.

heerdyes 
    Participant

Enabled message level debugging, and set both tomcats JAVA_OPTS=”$JAVA_OPTS -server -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m” since openam is running in site mode. Also grepped for OutOfMemoryError in the logs but found no results.
    Even with message level debugging nothing suspicious shows up in the logs.

The closest log entry (by time) I could extract was after grepping logs for conditiontypes:
    in amRest.authz:
    frRest:09/07/2016 06:12:11:150 AM CDT: Thread[ajp-bio-9109-exec-5,5,main]: TransactionId[870fc4e1-ab13-4672-86a0-bb7a58542c99-590] conditiontypes :: QUERY attempted by id=amAdmin,ou=user,dc=cstore,dc=example,dc=com
    Though it doesn’t give any helpful pointers.

Any ideas?

Andrew Potter 
    Participant

I had an issue with the same symptom. It was due to the fact that my Policy Name included a forward slash: /
    However, this failed *after* the conditiontypes call (which completes successfully) so probably not the same root cause of the problem you’re seeing.

heerdyes 
    Participant

I upgraded openam from 13.0.0 to 13.0.1 snapshot and this issue disappeared. Rather weird!
    I’m not sure if this was due to an actual bug fix or just a quirk. For now it works good though.

Peter Major 

SNAPSHOT versions are not supported and 13.0.1 was never released. You should really be using 13.5.0 instead.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 ForgeRock - we provide an identity and access platform to secure every online relationship for the enterprise market, educational sector and even entire countries. Click to view our privacy policy and terms of use.

Forgot your details?