This allows browsers to use progressive rendering, and start laying out the page before everything has been loaded and styled. The result is that large documents feel faster in your browser.
If you have bookmarks to published HTML, notice that we have dropped the per-chapter view of published docs. Each document is now a single HTML page. So instead of a link to
Also notice that we have consolidated documentation sets to make information easier to find, with only one set per major or minor release. Generally this means that you only have to read one set of release notes, no matter what maintenance version you have right now.
The latest docs are the ones for version 5 of the platform:
- Platform modules, DevOps, IoT: https://backstage.forgerock.com/docs/platform/5
- Access Management: https://backstage.forgerock.com/docs/am/5.1, https://backstage.forgerock.com/docs/amster/5
- Directory Services: https://backstage.forgerock.com/docs/ds/5
- Identity Management: https://backstage.forgerock.com/docs/idm/5
- Identity Gateway: https://backstage.forgerock.com/docs/ig/5
We still publish all the same docs as before, including docs for software that is beyond the end of its service life. Please check out the updated site. Open issues there for any problems you notice.
This blog post was first published @ marginnotes2.wordpress.com, included here with permission.