By now you have probably read the news about the ForgeRock Identity Platform 5.0 release.
This major platform update comes with many documentation changes and improvements:
- Access Management docs are now arranged to make it much easier for you to find all the details about new features and specific capabilities (User Self Service, OAuth 2.0, SSO, Authorization, and more). Since long-time readers who know where everything was might find this disconcerting at first, we also included a map to the new doc set. Don’t forget to check out Amster, too, which is new, and lets you do configuration as (file-based) artifacts.
- Identity Management is covered with the same titles as the previous platform update, but a lot of new features that make integration easier. (Integrated social identity provider support, better system connector support, additional audit event handlers, HSM support, etc.)
- Directory Services now has a Security Guide covering all the features for protecting your deployment, a new configuration reference, a bunch of smaller doc improvements, and full coverage of new features (LDAP proxy, native JSON syntax, tools improvements, documented HSM support, and so on).
- Identity Gateway docs now include a Deployment Guide aimed at those of you working in DevOps environments. They also cover all the new features, from the developer Studio to SSO filters and everything in between.
- Platform docs make their first appearance in the update. Try the DevOps examples, which point to a more cloud-friendly way of deploying the platform. And if you are new to ForgeRock software, start with the platform guide that maps the functional modules to the documentation that describes them.
Hope you have no trouble finding what you need.
This blog post was first published @ marginnotes2.wordpress.com, included here with permission.