This blog we will take a look at configuring OpenIDM’s user self registration functionality and how we can perform some post processing on new users.Note: As many of you will be aware OpenIDM 4.5 has recently been released, for now I am going to continue using OpenIDM 4 for this blog but everything we talk about here is still applicable to 4.5, albeit with minor differences. I will likely move to OpenIDM 4.5 (or 5 even) when the beginners series is concluded.
- reCAPTCHA for Registration: Google’s “I am not a robot” dialog. To prevent automated bots registering.
- Email Validation: User is sent an email, they must click a link in the email to progress registration. Verifying that they do indeed have access to the email account.
- User Details: Simply allows you to modify the attribute on the user object associated with email address. By default this is mail but you might want to change it based on your managed user schema if you have made changes.
- KBA Stage: Whether or not to enforce the use of Knowledge Based Authentication i.e. challenge questions and answers.
- Registration Form: Here you can change the Identity Service URL to another managed object.
Configuring Email Validation
Customising the Registration Email